5 Great Kitchen and Bath Countertop Options for 2021
Kitchens and Baths with great design and aesthetic appeal are essential aspects of modern homes. The year 2021 is expected to bring even more innovations in this area, as people will reportedly spend more time in their respective homes. As more and more people explore their culinary skills, kitchens have become their favorite mini-picnic spot. A spacious kitchen built with ergonomics in mind is nicely complemented by a good kitchen counter. This all adds up to make your dining experience enjoyable and worthwhile. Similarly, a wise selection of your bathroom countertops can give you a look that stands out. Let’s take a look at some of the Bathroom Sinks/Countertop options that promise to be all the rage in 2021.
- Quartz and quartzite countertops: Quartz countertops are increasingly becoming the most sought after option for kitchen countertops. Quartz is actually a natural stone; however, it is designed to be an excellent choice for your countertops/work surfaces, proving to be even more durable than granite and marble. These countertops are made in such a way that they become scratch resistant and non-porous. Since they are not absorbent, they do not pick up stains. They are apparently almost maintenance free. Plus, you have a plethora of options when it comes to choosing quartz countertop colors, patterns, and shades. A great choice is surely a boost for your luxurious and elegant lifestyle. However, keep in mind that they are not a good choice for outdoor kitchens because they would gradually fade in the sun. Quartzite countertops are also widely used; however, they are different from quartz in that they are not engineered and are natural stones like granite and marble. Quartzite is formed through natural heating and pressure and is made up of more than 90% quartz. While it is quite hard, it is also porous in nature, which means it can absorb liquids and pick up stains. Also, complex quartzite installations are more expensive because natural stones require custom cutting due to their extra hardness. Therefore, quartz is more likely to be preferred over quartzite countertops.
- Porcelain Countertops: Americans are always looking for a different and stylish surface for their countertops. As a result, porcelain countertops are becoming increasingly popular in the United States. They have already been among the coveted countertop options in Europe. Non-porous ceramic clay is fired at extremely high temperatures to produce porcelain countertops. This makes them resistant to scratches, cracks, heat and UV rays. Considering that they are protected from UV rays, they are also a good option for outdoor kitchens. However, the patterns of porcelain countertops are not as deep as those of granite and marble countertops. Also, since they are mostly imported from Europe, they may not provide very good value for money compared to quartz countertops. However, it will continue to be in demand due to its uniqueness.
- Soapstone Countertops: Soapstone countertops are high-quality, low-maintenance countertop options. Soapstone is again a natural stone made from quarried stones and there are fewer color options to choose from and yet it offers stunning design options. Color options range from white to charcoal with no pink, blue or green options available. Soapstone is non-porous and hard, making it resistant to scratches and stains, and it doesn’t even crack easily. Considering that they assure you more than 20 years of durability, they undoubtedly become a fashionable option for your kitchen and bathroom countertops.
- Marble Countertops: Marbles are widely used as kitchen and bathroom countertops. Marbles are metamorphic rocks and acquire a crystalline character due to their formation by recrystallization. This makes them suitable for polishing. Their stunning appearance and ultra-durability make them timeless, classic, and highly sought-after as kitchen and bathroom countertops. However, they are softer than granite and more porous in nature, making them more vulnerable to stains and scratches. Still, their profitability will keep them in demand as ever.
- Granite Countertops: Granite’s popularity might have been dampened a bit because of Quartz; however, it remains popular. While granite kitchen countertops are commonplace, granite bathroom countertops are also in high demand. This natural stone is exceptionally durable and heat resistant. It also boasts of various colors and textures and is easily available in black, blue, green and red etc. So there is no dearth of options to choose from and its budget compatibility is a plus. However, they do require sealing from time to time, as they are porous in nature. Still, they will continue to offer a great alternative and add great value to your home.