Goals: – 6 ways to get inspired to achieve it
I really don’t know if you have any interest in this sport, but I hope you take the time to see what you can capture from this story. The 2013 NFL football season is underway and the stakes are high.
Approximately 74,000 fans packed the Miami Dolphin arena on Sunday, February 7, 2010 to watch the Indianapolis Colts battle the New Orleans Saints for Super Bowl XLIV. On top of that, millions watched it on television and the Internet.
These two teams chased an important title in the world of sport, but only one prevailed. They both did well during the regular season, but it wasn’t necessarily easy as they had to fight opponents every week.
Now he was one more opponent standing between them and this great goal of becoming a champion. They both realized that to win they had to show up and play with all their hearts. I think as the playing time approached, the coaches and players motivated and encouraged their team by saying “It’s time to do it.” I’ll get back to that in a minute.
I continue towards the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus calls us up. – Philippians 3:14 (Extended Bible)
As you embrace the times to come, God has set some important goals before you. But you are going to seize the opportunity. From that biblical quote, the word “press” means that you will have opposing forces.
In the midst of opposing forces I tell them “It’s time to go for it.” If you set it, you can get it. Your biggest enemy is not the devil, co-workers, family, or even your boss. I don’t regret telling you this, but YOU are your greatest enemy. Why do I say that? Because every time God puts something in your heart, you make excuses, you procrastinate; You say I’ll do it later, you say I can’t get help. Then when you don’t act or understand it, you blame everyone else.
I want to help you with 6 things that can help you do it:
1. Readjustment – There are times when you just have to take another approach and change, change direction, try another method to get the results you need.
2. Reset – I’m sure you are familiar with power loss at home, which means you need to reset your watch. This is important if you are going to keep up with the pace of society. Even more important spiritually is being able to keep up with the flow of God’s time.
3. Reflect: look where you come from. This is what gives you the strength to face the challenges you face now because if God did it before, you can do it again.
4. Refocus – With so many distractions and temptations around you, you need something to help you get back on track. There is nothing better than the Word of God.
5. Renew – Yes, the same feeling you feel after bathing or showering. It makes you feel new, clean, fresh, and ready to go again. The renewal of your mind is important so that your thinking goes on the right path.
6. Rejoice- To maintain your joy in life you have to celebrate. Life will have many disappointments, but you have to stir your strength and find a reason to rejoice.
Meanwhile, back at Super Bowl XLIV, the New Orleans Saints enter for the first time and a new opportunity to make history for their city and state. Initially going down by 10 points and not being the favorite team can be a challenge. You have to love the fighting spirit of this team as they didn’t let a slow start stop them. A great team effort from The Who Dat Nation led by quarterback Drew Brees. So it was the New Orleans Saints who beat the favorite Colts 31-17.
So what am I saying exactly? I hope God gives you opportunities for the first time. I think you can get great results if you just know how to keep your goals on track. When the opportunity to “Go 4 It” comes around, everyone will know your name when they ask the question “Who Dat?”