Types of Pet Supplies
If you’re a new pet owner, chances are you’re looking for quality pet supplies, pet medications, veterinary care, and pet food. According to statistics from the American Pet Products Association (obtained from various market research sources), Americans spent a total of $10.41 billion on over-the-counter medications and supplies in 2010. The statistics also suggest that, despite the recession of 2008-2009, pet owners continued to spend on these supplies, albeit sparingly.
Types of Pet Supplies
While there are different types of pets, pet supplies range from dogs, cats, birds, and reptiles. Here are a few:
- Dog Supplies – The variety of dog supplies is vast, from beds to food to medicine. Different breeds and sizes of dogs have a different attitude and may embrace new things differently. For example, it’s best to keep new dogs and puppies in a crate until they learn the new house rules. Dogs that are difficult to train and are often curious will benefit from having plenty of toys, including baby plush toys, clavicles, rubber horseshoes, and flying companions, to keep them occupied.
- Cat Supplies – Since cats are naturally clean, they are the easiest to maintain. The wide variety of cat toys, including cat furniture and litter boxes, are used to keep cats healthy and happy.
- Birds: Caged birds need to interact frequently and have lots of toys inside the cage. For example, poles, swings, towers, and ladders are good exercise accessories.
- Reptiles: If you have amphibians or reptiles as pets, it’s important to keep them in a place where they can’t escape and have fun. However, keep them away from crowds as reptiles are solitary animals.
- Others: If you have fish as pets, you must keep the aquarium clean so that the fish do not die. Fish generally requires a temperature of around 78 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also install an aquarium heater to maintain the water temperature and also add decorations to beautify it. If you have reptiles as pets, you can purchase a cage, terrarium, bedding and substrate, and just optimal lighting.
How to buy pet supplies at discount prices
The best way to buy quality pet supplies at an affordable price is to shop online, rather than visiting a retail store. Here are some tips for buying them:
- Online sites have no overhead costs such as store construction costs, advertising costs, and employee costs. Therefore, it generates savings, which are passed on to customers as discount prices.
- Read product reviews on popular sites. For example, if you are looking to buy toys for your pets, read other people’s experiences with these toys and buy the ones that best suit your needs.
Since online pet supply stores are usually owned by professionals, they also offer free expert advice. Plus, pet owners can also compare prices, shop for supplies anytime, and get 24-hour customer support.